Sunday, November 9, 2008

Intro Post

Hey everyone, CrunchyChristianMama here. I have been married to Crunchy Daddy for nine years and have three crunchy kids. I know- enough crunchy. I was actually amused the first time someone called me crunchy. I didn't think it was a big deal, but being a breastfeeding, earth loving, peace advocating, politically active, social justice promoting feminist made me crunchy.

But what about that Christian part?

Raised in an environment that was dominated by two faiths (Baptist and Catholic), I was torn by the hate I witnessed in the name of God and the true sense of the presence of God and the pull of the Spirit. I believe that Jesus Christ, son of our Creator, is the bridge to bring us back into the presence that loving Creator. I believe in miracles performed during the time of the prophets and apostles as well as in our lives today.They are our Creator's way of reaching out to us in love. I believe in living out the example of Jesus through acts of love, being the hands and feet. I also run my mouth quite a bit.

I am the proud wife of a music minister in the south. Our church is small yet diverse and I enjoy being the odd girl out in our ministry family. Our church's tradition is evangelical and most main stream (media covered) evangelicals are anything but tolerance advocating tree huggers. That myth being perpetuated by those evangelicals (and the media that obliges them) is what I wake up wanting to fight everyday. Christianity is not a faith of dont's and hate. I believe I may be extreme in some of my views (we are called to be good stewards so recycling is a spiritual practice), but truly believe that most Christians object to their faith being hijacked by the loudest and harshest voices in the room.

So this is my soapbox, my padded room. Here I will give shout outs to those walking the walk the crunchy way, rail against injustice, share ideas and rant.

Thanks for listening

No comments: